// Quick Theme Changer Start $txt['quick_theme_changer'] = 'Quick Theme Changer'; // Quick Theme Changer End The "G" Car
So Cal AMC
September 16, 2014, 03:25:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Sign in to the forum as a member and you will have access to all the board. Guest are limited.

Home   Help RULES Search Calendar Donations Login Register  
Buy Our DVD Signup For the Event!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "G" Car  (Read 4633 times)
Hey you: NEWS FLASH!!!!! We appreciate your patronage to this forum because we know there are other AMC Forums you can visit. But this forum is part of AMO, The International historical club for AMC. HERE IS THE NEWS FOR NOW! SO CAL AMC Car Show & Luau 2015
T-Bone
« on: December 01, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »

Well, I Finely got the Out Laws out of my hair and can get back to working on the Gremlin. Just a quick Alias sketch of what I think the Gremlin would have evolved into. This was taken from a sketch an translated into 3D, Let me know your thoughts.
1. Improvements and refinements Just added 3 more for viewing, Gremlin X

Thanks

JT Cool

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:01:34 PM by T-Bone » Logged
Racing Zorba
Teach me to race
Premium AMC Member I
RAMBLER

Reputation 1

ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 08:41:09 PM »

I like it. Love to see a stripe or racing kit on it.

farna
AMC SST

Reputation 1

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 12:23:16 PM »

Looks good! Of course it would be a transverse front drive four cylinder (I assume -- that would be the logical choice for this class/size car anyway). Gremlin or Spirit -- either name would work as they were basically the same, but I like resurrecting Gremlin over Spirit, especially for the truncated hatch back look. Lots of cars followed in the Gremlin's wake, but that seems to go unnoticed in the automotive press. I guess it's because cars like the little Hondas and such were designed with a truncated look from the start, they weren't actually hacked off bigger cars. Still, the general look and effect is the same.
T-Bone
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 10:04:39 AM »

Fair enough critique, Your right in regards too...(But does it capture the AMC Passion ? HHHMMM...We've seen the Big Three all jump in the ring with their examples of shades of performance excitement from the 70's.    The 08' S'tang,Challenger,Cuda, have retained some of their classic stlying lines while incorporating modern styling accent's.) To me I don't really want it to be the original verbatim redo copy. It should only have some of the past ques that Identify it with a product line, Having Chrysler as a parent company would perhaps have influenced the front end graphics. As for it looking like a Honda CRX, Didn't Honda kinda jump on the hatch back look, HHHMMM I think you would have to look at both side by side, There are allot of cars out there looking alike these days, Maybe that's why there trying to come up with something so different they become ugly in surface development.  By the way, It's Gremlin not Gremblin  FYI

JTeague

This Car is Built for the Alien Race]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 11:15:36 PM by T-Bone » Logged
T-Bone
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 11:21:31 AM »

Hey No worries, Thank God for spell check.

JTeague Wink
johnnyjavelin
AMC GREMLIN

Reputation 0

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 08:25:45 PM »

But, couldn't it have a 'Grembin'? :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: